Monday, March 05, 2007

God Bless Uncle Bob!

This is my Uncle Bob. He isn't really my uncle, but he might as well be, because I've been calling him Uncle Bob for about the last fifteen years. He is a professional painter and so lovingly told us that he was going to come and spray paint for us to help us get a leg up. The one workday he put in with me probably saved us about a week and a half of work at least. This is us at breakfast starting a paint day out right by having some bacon and pancakes. He called breakfast one of his "list of demands." It was his only demand AND he wouldn't let me pay.

I'm all about the action shot. He primed our walls and painted our ceilings and trim around the doors and windows. It looks so much better. Now we're ready for a cut in/roll and baseboard painting party.


The name of the trim color that David and I picked out is called "Chantilly Lace." Uncle Bob opened it and instantly started laughing and saying yeah you could call it that OR you could call it white! I told him as a painter he should be trained in the subtle nuances of color. I found Chantilly Lace to have just the right touch of warmth.............okayokay okay it's white.

It felt so good to rip the tape off the windows and see the walls looking so fresh and clean.
THANK YOU UNCLE BOB!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!!
AMAZING what paint can do

it is so nice to see bob
please tell him that we send a hello and love

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. Uncle Bob finished and looked at us and said, "Does this give you some hope?" We said, "YES!" He nodded his head with a smile and said, "good." He is so nice. I will tell him you said hello and love.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one week today!!!! We will see you soon. Will we have a bed to sleep in or is it going to be the floor? You know how I feel about camping and the floor means sleeping bags.... :)

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dax,
Your comment totally cracked me up! Yes, we will have a wonderful air mattress for you......ooohhhh aaaahhhh......
Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how good it looks! you guys have put so much work into it and it looks amazing! i can't wait to see it!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home